Bitcoin Capital, a subsidiary of Zug, Switzerland-based investment manager FiCAS, has listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange actively managed exchange-traded products (ETPs) offering exposure to bitcoin and ether.
- According to Bitcoin Capital, the products are designed to counteract the price volatility inherent in crypto assets through active management.
- Institutional, private, and professional investors in Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and European Union countries other than Hungary can purchase one FiCAS Active Bitcoin ETP and one FiCAS Active Ethereum ETP.
- According to Bitcoin Capital, investors will be able to access the product through their bank or broker in the same way that they would equities or bonds.
- Last year, FiCAS listed an actively-managed crypto ETP that traded bitcoin against a variety of other cryptoassets such as ether, bitcoin cash, and litecoin.
- As institutional investors seek exposure to the crypto asset market, the release of exchange-traded products has increased in recent months. While exchange-traded funds (ETFs) that invest directly in cryptocurrency have yet to be approved in the United States, other jurisdictions have been more optimistic. WisdomTree, for example, has listed bitcoin and ether products in Switzerland, the European Union, and Canada, among other places.
What's your reaction?