OKX, formerly OKEx, a cryptocurrency exchange, has announced a multiyear agreement with English Premier League champion Manchester City.
- The agreement marks OKX’s first step into soccer sponsorship, with the exchange’s branding appearing at Man City’s home stadium, the Etihad Stadium.
- OKX stated on Friday that the two companies will collaborate on more projects.
- The agreement’s terms were not disclosed. OKX declined to comment, and Manchester City did not respond to a request for comment.
- In recent months, sponsorship agreements between sports teams or events and cryptocurrency organizations have become more common. Local rival Manchester United secured a sponsorship pact with Tezos in February, said to be worth £20 million ($27 million) each year.
- OKX, situated in the Seychelles, has more than 20 million customers globally and is the world’s second-largest crypto exchange by spot trading volume, according to CoinGecko data.
- Manchester City, which has won the Premier League in three of the last four seasons, is now at the top of the league and competing in the final stages of the UEFA Champions League and the FA Cup.
What's your reaction?